Each year Gouda Refractories organises a three days refractory training course for its customers, partners and others who are interested to learn more about refractories. Every year more than 30 persons from all over the world participate in this training course.
The training course is held in a premier hotel in Gouda, allowing participants to stay in a comfortable hotel and in order to have a convenient location in an historical city close to the production facilities of Gouda Refractories. The training course is conducted in the English language, typically at the end of September / early October every year and mixes theory with practice.
The course program is as follows:
- Introduction to refractory materials
- Classification of refractory materials
- Alumina-silicate; phase diagrams
- Raw materials: application and properties
- Dense refractory bricks and mortars
- Insulating refractory materials
- Unshaped refractory materials (castables, regular cement, low cement, self-flowing)
- Installation of refractory materials
- Wear & attack mechanisms of refractory materials
- Refractories testing (standard & simulation)
- Production of refractory materials
- Field trip to Gouda Refractories production facilities
The level of the refractory training course is such that participants should have at least some background and experience with refractories and also have a technical education. If you want more information of this training course, please do not hesitate to contact Gouda Refractories at email@example.com.