Refractory training course
Each year Gouda Refractories organizes a three days refractory training course for its customers, partners and others who are interested to learn more about refractories. Every year people from all over the world and from all different types of industries participate in this training course.
This year the English version of the training course will be organized on:
Tuesday October 11th - Thursday October 13th, 2022
The number of participants to the course is limited. Last seats available!
The training course is held in a premier hotel in Gouda, allowing participants to stay in a comfortable hotel and in order to have a convenient location in an historical city close to the production facilities of Gouda Refractories.
The course program is as follows:
- Introduction to refractory materials
- Classification of refractory materials
- Alumina-silicate; phase diagrams
- Raw materials: application and properties
- Dense refractory bricks and mortars
- Insulating refractory materials
- Unshaped refractory materials (castables, regular cement, low cement, self-flowing)
- Installation of refractory materials
- Wear & attack mechanisms of refractory materials
- Refractories testing (standard & simulation)
- Production of refractory materials
- Field trip to Gouda Refractories production facilities
The level of the refractory training course is such that participants should have at least some background and experience with refractories and also have a technical education. If you want more information about this training course, please do not hesitate to contact us.